Last Updated: July 23, 2023
- the types of personal information we collect;
- when such collection occurs;
- how we use and share the personal information we collect;
- the steps we take to ensure your personal information is safeguarded appropriately; and
Definition of Personal Information
Categories of Personal Information Collected
We limit the collection of personal information to what is reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Depending on your interaction with us, we may collect:
- Personal identifiers, such as name, postal address, phone number, email address, and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses;
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card number when you make purchases;
- Professional or employment-related information and other information you submit to us when applying for an employment opportunity, which may include some of the information described above, as well as your resume, references and any additional information provided by you in an application;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (i.e. technical information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications). This information is collected via automated means, such as cookies, authorized token, web beacons and similar technologies, and may include your IP address, device ID, browser type, data about the web pages you visited on our websites, time and duration of a visit, information about your location, your language preferences.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We will generally collect personal information directly from you when you purchase a product, browse our website or interact with us directly, as deemed necessary for the purposes defined in the “Use of Your Personal Information” section below.
Directly from You
We may collect your personal information directly from you such as:
- when you purchase a product in stores or on our website or make inquiries regarding your purchases or products, we may collect information about the transaction, payment or shipment (including information about the recipient of such shipment, if applicable);
- when you rent an RV, purchase an RV or arrange for financing with us, we may take a credit card security deposit, copy of your photo ID, and/or copy of your driver’s license;
- when you contact us or send us questions, comments, suggestions or complaints, we may collect contact information and information about your inquiry that is necessary in order to address it or to respond to you;
- when you apply for a position, we may collect contact information and other information to process your application for employment;
- when you use our website, we may collect information about how you use the website and where you are located, as further discussed below; and
- we may collect any other personal information you voluntarily provide to us in connection with any other matter.
Through our Website and other Technologies
We, or our service providers that help us maintain and operate our website, may also automatically collect information relating to your access to and use of our website and applications through cookies (small data files stored on your device used to access and use our Sites), Web beacons (small transparent images used to track Sites visits and effectiveness of advertising) and other similar technologies. However, please note that cookies and beacons might be necessary to access or use certain features of our Sites.
We may also collect information you share regarding Outdoor Travel on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Please be aware that we may use cameras at our dealership to protect our rights, property and safety and those of our employees, customers and the public and in order to look for ways to improve our customers’ experiences. We do not use these cameras to identify people except when reasonably necessary for these purposes or as required by law. Where this is applicable, signs will be posted to indicate that cameras are in use.
Use of Your Personal Information
We will generally use your personal information as part of our normal business operations in order to provide you with our products and services, in our stores or through our website, and to support our business, for research and development purposes, for marketing purposes or otherwise, with your consent or as permitted or required by law:
General Business Purpose
More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following business purposes:
- to process your purchases and related transactions;
- to provide customer service and to respond to your inquiries or requests;
- to elaborate and improve our product offerings and our services;
- to manage and improve our customers’ experiences and our website;
- to monitor, analyze and assess the access and use of our website;
- to customize the content of our website and advertising;
- to help you locate our dealership;
- to protect our rights, property and safety and those of our employees, customers and the public;
- to detect and prevent fraud;
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes, including for staffing and management of personnel; and
- to comply with legal requirements.
Research and Development Purposes
We may use personal information to understand and assess your interests and changing needs with a view to improving our products and services and developing new ones, as well as to evaluate potential improvements or other modifications to the functionality of our website. For instance, we use third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze how visitors use our website. When required by law, we will use anonymized information for these purposes.
We may use your personal information to inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliates. With your consent, we may also use your personal information to promote our products and services, for example by sharing a photo with you and your purchase in-store and on our social media. We may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
We do not sell, rent or lease our customer lists to third parties. We may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Retention of Personal Information
Please note that we will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the above purposes or as required by law. Once no longer required, your personal information will be securely destroyed in compliance with applicable laws.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We shall not disclose or share your personal information without your consent to any company or person other than as authorized by law or as follows:
- Analytics providers, in connection with analyzing and tracking data, determining the popularity of certain content or features, and better understanding your online activity.
- Payment providers, in connection with processing purchases of our products and services.
- Warranty providers, in connection with providing the product and service warranties associated with your purchase(s).
- Financing providers, in connection with any financing associated with your purchase(s).
- Marketing providers, in connection with our marketing and promotional activities.
- Surveillance providers, in connection with preserving the safety and security of our customers, employees and property.
- if we believe that the disclosure of personal information is required by law;
- if we believe that the disclosure of personal information will help us protect our rights, our property and our safety and those of our employees, customers and the public;
- if we believe that the disclosure of personal information is necessary in the investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or in response to a request by law enforcement authorities;
- when required in the context of a prospective or completed business transaction, such as a transfer of assets or shares or merger, in accordance with applicable legal requirements. For example, we may make your personal information available to advisors or (potential) buyers of our business if necessary for concluding the transaction and continuing operating the business.
Your Privacy Rights
You have choices about the way Outdoor Travel handles your personal information.
Changing your Communication Preferences
You can always choose not to receive marketing or promotional messages from us by email by clicking on “unsubscribe” in any email you receive.
Changing your Browser Settings
We use technology to enhance your experience and present you with offers, including personalised advertising. Through technologies such as cookies, our websites recognize you when you use or return to them and can provide you with a seamless experience. You can remove or disable some of these technologies at any time through your browser. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use some of the features of our websites.
Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn how to block, delete and manage cookies on your computer or mobile device.
Withdrawal of Consent
The withdrawal of your consent may affect our ability to continue to provide you with the products and services that you have or would like to receive because the continued use and disclosure of your personal information is a necessary part of making the product or service available to you. In some circumstances, legal requirements may prevent you from withdrawing consent and/or we may be required to retain some of your personal information.
Safeguards and Data Governance
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures in an effort to protect your personal information and reduce the risk of loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, misuse or modification of your personal information. These measures include restricting physical access to our offices and records, restricting access to your personal information to only those employees or agents who require access to fulfill their responsibilities, and restricting unauthorized access, disclosure, use and misuse of your personal information in our custody and control. We also periodically update and review such security measures.
Our goal is to prevent unauthorized access, loss, misuse, sharing or alteration of personal information in our possession. We also use these safeguards when we dispose of or destroy your personal information.
We maintain policies and practices which ensure the protection of your personal information. Depending on the volume and sensitivity of the information, the purposes for which it is used and the format in which it is stored, we implement a combination of measures to protect your personal information, including:
- Internal policies and procedures that define the roles and responsibilities of our employees throughout the information life cycle and limits their access to such information on a “need-to-know” basis;
- If information is collected or stored in electronic format, technical safeguards such as encryption, firewalls, antivirus software and similar measures;
- A designated Privacy Officer to monitor our compliance with applicable data protection laws;
- Employee privacy and data security training;
- Procedures for receiving, investigating and responding to complaints or inquiries regarding our information handling practices, including any security incidents involving personal information;
- Contractual protections and other measures to ensure that service providers with whom we share personal information maintain adequate privacy protections and standards. For example, we generally require our service providers to limit their use and retention of personal information to what is necessary to provide their services and to notify us in case of any actual or suspected security incident. We also try to monitor and audit their compliance with these requirements in various ways (e.g. on-site inspections (if feasible), surveys and interviews, proof of certification).
Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
You may be entitled to access your personal information and request the rectification information that is inaccurate, incomplete or no longer up to date, subject to limited exceptions set out in applicable laws.
Depending on the law applicable in the jurisdiction where you reside and subject to legal or contractual restrictions, you may also be entitled to:
- obtain a copy of the personal information we collected from you; and
- obtain additional information about data processing, including the personal information collected and how it is processed by us.
To submit a request, please contact us in writing using the relevant contact information listed in the “Contact Us” section below.
In all cases, we will generally attempt to answer your request within thirty (30) days or we will advise you if we require a longer response time.
You can reach our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Changes To This Policy